GST is essential for every business for maintaining their books. The demand for well equip and highly trained professionals on GST is in great demand. The purpose of this write-up is to present to our readers an overview of the courses available in India and which Institutes serve the best in terms of training and after support.
Most of the training curriculum offered in these institutes revolves around the following topics.
- Introduction to Center and state GST (CGST and GST)
- Valuation and exemption
- Input tax credit
- Returns and refund
- Maintenance of records and GST software
- Assessment and audits by tax authority
- Penalties and Advance rulings case studies followed by a certification.
Here are some of the Best GST Training Institutes in India.
1) ICAI’s Certificate Course on GST: The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India is offering a 10 Day course of 8 hours a day and the course fee is Rs. 18,000 approx. The registration is on first come first serve basis.
Course faculty comprises of practicing CAs, advocates, and academicians who have a first-hand knowledge in this field. The certificate is provided to students by the ICAI after completion of the course and clearing exam held twice in a year.
2) NEISBUD In conjugation with GSTSTREET organises GST certificate training. The course is ideal for all startups, E-commerce sellers, manufacturers, financial professionals. The institute is based out of Sec-62, Noida. It’s a one-day intensive program which covers –
– Concept and procedures under GST
– Migration and transition
– Classification and HSN
– Registration, Tax collection at source
– Supplies and discounts
– IT, ITES and BPO Industry
The course includes lunch, study material, interaction with industry experts, open house etc.
3) Henry Harvin offers an intensive fast-track certified GST programs for Practitioners. They also have an extensive program for management graduates. The course covers everything from
– Concept of Supply
– Assessments and Invoicing
– Filing returns
– Software, Supply
– Return and Refunds
– ITC etc.
The training program is lead by some of the well known experts in the field of taxation and financial laws.
They also have an online certification course for those who can’t attend regular classes. Their course is a blend of Computer Based Training (CBTs) and Learning Management System (LMS), lectures by these industry experts. They also provide updated material on GST explainers for an extensive time period after the course. Their training program is widely recognized in the industry and recommended by experts.
4) ICSI- The Institute of Company Secretaries of India offers a course on GST. It is conducting 100s of seminars across India, offering short term and long term training programs and tutorials, online webinars with an aim to develop skills and competency in the area of GST.
This course is apt for those who possess a strong accounting background and are already a member of ICSI. ICSI, in conjugation with the National Institute of Financial Management (NIFM), Faridabad, an autonomous Institution of Ministry of Finance is offering a certificate course in GST which covers various aspects of GST. In order to equip candidates with sufficient practical knowledge, the course has a blend of web based & self-study modules followed by an online examination. After completion of the Course candidates are awarded a Certificate form ICSI jointly with NIFM.
5) GST Centre is another such institute offering a range of courses on GST based on different levels and duration. These courses are developed by finance professionals and subject matter experts. Their course is a mix of face to face and online learning methodology.
6) Shine Career plus is offers training program those who are practicing professionals as well as for learners. Their course covers all the basic aspects of GST and there is no qualification bar to join the course. By joining this course students can also become a part of Vskill that conducts skill testing and certification recognized by many government institutions.
7) Delhi University (DU) has announced to include GST in the syllabus of B.Com, B.Com (Hons) and some BA programs. The varsity has replaced modules on indirect taxes with GST.
To ensure good understanding among students of ‘one nation one tax’ concept, GST and Customs Laws will be a part of these courses. In the BA Programme students who have taxation as an optional subject, GST will be taught in it as well.
Apart from topics like GST Council, GST network, registration, the new curriculum covers levy and collection of GST
8) GST Training at NIFM : NIFM specializes in the training of professionals in the fields of public policy, financial management, and governance. It is an Accredited GST Training partner and their 3-Day residential program offers a comprehensive training on GST.
Participants are expected to gain an overall understanding of GST laws like
– Compliance & implementation
– Enforcement and Audit
– Filing of Returns
– Input Tax Credit
– Refund and documentation etc.
Training would be conducted by Accredited GST Trainers, Officers of the Accounts & Finance Services of Govt. of India, and Officers of CBEC.
9) National Academy of Customs, Excise, and Narcotics: Is conducting “GST Training Accreditation Program” with the objective to impart quality training a reasonable cost. They have already approved some 20 institutes and organizations as training partners. Some of the prominent ones are Amity University, ICT Academy, Institute of Chartered Accountants of IndiaÂ (ICAI), MSME, NIIT Limited, O.P. Jindal Global University, FICCI to name a few. NACEN has also imposed capping on the fee charged from participants as well. Check individual institutes for more details.
10) ICT Academy organizes an intensive Course on GST. This course is designed for businessmen, finance and accounts Professionals, academicians and Students. The aim of the course is to impart an overall understanding of the GST Law covering its
– Compliance and enforcement
– GSTs impact on functioning and changes required in the business process
– Filing of Returns
– Availing Input Tax Credit etc.
We have covered some of the Best and Most Credible Institutes In India offering comprehensive programs on GST. So we would suggest not to wait, and picking up any of the above institutes and gaining the leverage of being a GST certified professional.